We Can Answer Your Questions About DWI
The consequences of a DWI conviction can affect you now and far into the future. If you are convicted of Driving While Impaired in North Carolina:
- You can lose your license or have your driving privileges restricted — underage DWI can result in a person losing his or her license until he or she turns 21.
- You can be forced to pay enormous fines and court costs.
- You can be required to install — and pay for — an ignition interlock device if your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) was .15 percent or above.
- Your car insurance rates may increase exponentially.
- Your job and your reputation in the community can be compromised.
- You can be sentenced to mandatory jail time for some DWI offenses, including repeat offenses.
Serious Charges Call For A Serious Defense
At Besen Law, we understand DWI charges from multiple perspectives. Prior to becoming an attorney, Ted Besen was a police officer for six years. Attorney Besen provides strong defense representation to clients who have been arrested for DWI, helping them:
- Explore the basis — the probable cause — for the traffic stop that led to their arrest
- Investigate and develop a strategy to address any “aggravating factors” — like an accident — that may complicate their case
- Obtain limited driving privileges if this is their first DWI
- Request deferred prosecution — which can keep a DWI off their record — if it is available
Contact Us For A Free Case Evaluation
Seeking an Asheville DWI lawyer with a high level of experience? Contact Besen Law for a free case evaluation.